Students learn more about HB9 and SB6.
Rally addresses DEI concerns, Jackson's statement
Gray Hawkins and Madison Miller February 29, 2024

Murray State’s Alliance organization, the College Democrats and other students gathered today to rally against the progressing state legislation...

Boxes are located in Waterfield Library, the Curris Center, residential colleges and the Alumni Center.
Murray State RCA leads book drive across campus
Ania Boutin, Chief Videographer • February 29, 2024

The Read the Dream Book Drive aims to bring books featuring diverse authors and characters to students in Clarksville and Mayfield. Murray...

Students learn more about HB9 and SB6.

Former Murray State cheerleader enters guilty plea

Dannis+Seay%2F+photo+courtesy+of+Calloway+County+Jail+
Dannis Seay/ photo courtesy of Calloway County Jail

Former Murray State cheerleader Dannis Seay entered an Alford plea Wednesday in regard to a 2019 first-degree rape charge.

Seay entered an Alford plea, in which the defendant maintains innocence, but admits the prosecution’s evidence would likely result in a guilty verdict. He entered a guilty plea to sexual misconduct, which is Class A misdemeanor. This misdemeanor carries a maximum of one year in prison. 

Seay, 28, was arrested in 2019 on a charge of first-degree rape/incapable of consent-physically helpless.

He will be sentenced at 8:30 a.m. on Nov 6 at the Calloway County Circuit Court. Seay is currently out on bond with a provision to not contact the victim.