Former women’s basketball player arrested

Abbie Michalek
Redshirt freshman guard Zoe Stewart defends an Indiana State player.

Former Murray State women’s basketball player Zoe Stewart was arrested early Thursday morning on assault charges.

Police were called about alleged domestic violence on Thursday, which resulted in Stewart being arrested and booked by the Murray Police Department at 2:32 a.m.

According to an arrest citation, police found a victim with multiple cuts and bruises on her face and neck, including a bruise on her left eye and cut on her neck. The victim also reported that Stewart had thrown the victim’s personal belongings. Stewart later admitted to this, as well as being angry at the start of the altercation.

Police also said Stewart smelled of alcohol and also had multiple cuts and bruises. Stewart said there had been altercations in the past where the victim had placed her hands on Stewart.

Stewart posted a $1,000 bond according to court records and is not allowed any contact with the victim. 

Stewart is transferring to Missouri State to continue her basketball career, the school announced on April 4th.