Redshirt freshman guard Zoe Stewart defends an Indiana State player.
Women's basketball player arrested
Jakob Milani, Co-Editor-In-Chief/Sports Editor • May 3, 2024

Murray State women’s basketball player Zoe Stewart was arrested early Thursday morning on assault charges. Police were called about potential...

Vogel goes to hug Hawthrone after hitting a homerun.
Baseball sweeps mid-week series
Jonah Morgan, Staff Writer • May 3, 2024

The Murray State baseball team played a two-game series in the middle of the week against the Skyhawks of UT Martin and they were able to take...

Women's basketball player arrested

Baseball sweeps mid-week series

Best on-campus napping spot: Waterfield and Pogue Library

Waterfield+and+Pogue+libraries+offer+students+comfortable+seating%2C+perfect+for+studying+or+naps.+
Kristopher Fister
Waterfield and Pogue libraries offer students comfortable seating, perfect for studying or naps.

Sometimes, all students need is a solid 15-minute nap between two classes, and there are no better places for such naps than the two University libraries, Waterfield and Pogue. 

In the 2024 “Best of” survey, these two libraries were voted the best napping spots on campus.

Dana Thompson, the assistant dean of libraries, said students napping in the library is just one of the few ways the libraries contribute to students’ overall sense of well-being. 

“The libraries are honored to be chosen and happy that students feel like the library is a safe place for them to come,” Thompson said, “regardless of whether… they are studying or napping.”

Waterfield has multiple floors, each with various noise levels and places to study. As a silent study space, the upper floor is perfect for students wishing to study or destress between classes away from the noisier lower levels. 

Pogue offers a more historical setting with grand reading rooms and uninterrupted quiet, making it, too, a great place for a lengthy study session or a nap. 

Mikaela McChristian, an English secondary education major, said she seldomly naps in the library, but it has been a solid experience when she has.

“I would have to have somebody there [to know] that nobody was going to take my stuff,” McChristian said. “Murray is a pretty friendly place, [so] I feel like nobody would mess with me if I were asleep.” 

While some students prefer not to sleep outside of their dorm rooms, when the need to sleep hits, the libraries are there with comfortable couches and quiet.