Your guide to Murray State family weekend activities

Family weekend activities to consider exploring during the weekend.

Searching for things to do with your family during this year’s Family Weekend? Look no further. 

Family Weekend is all about your family learning the ins and outs of their Racer’s life. Here are a few things you and your family can do throughout the weekend. 

Friday, September 29, 2023

Clara M. Eagle Art Gallery will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. showcasing art exhibits. You can find terrific art by Ramona Sonin, called “Tulle,” according to a press release from the Clara M. Eagle Gallery. The Racer volleyball team will be playing Illinois State starting at 6:00 p.m. at Racer Arena. This will be a great time to watch coaches Schwepker and Lozano, as well as the Racer volleyball team, in action! 

Beginning at 7:00 p.m. in Lovett Auditorium, Alpha Omicron Pi is hosting its annual fundraising event, the Mr. MSU Pageant. Attendees can buy tickets at the door for $10. Proceeds from the event will benefit the research for the Arthritis Foundation. 

Saturday, September 30, 2023

Get a great start to your morning and attend the Racer 5K, you can check-in starting at 7:15 a.m. The race will kick off at 8:00 a.m, so don’t forget your running shoes! Those interested can register online prior to the event at www.Racer5K.com. Registration will also be open in-person, before the Racer 5K begins. 

Want to show your support to the Murray State football team and the Racer Band? Students and families can greet the football team as they walk out of the CFSB Center at 3:45 p.m. 

At 6:00 p.m, get ready to watch the Murray State football team take on Indiana State at Stewart Stadium. Be sure to pay attention to the track to help Racer One cheer on the football team after they score a touchdown. 

Sunday, October 1, 2023

Support the Rifle team at 9:00 a.m,  as they compete against UT Martin on Sunday morning at the Pat Spurgin Rifle Range. Visit https://www.murraystate.edu/familyweekend/DetailedFWSchedule_2023_0924.pdf for more information, including off-campus events and attractions.