Redshirt freshman guard Zoe Stewart defends an Indiana State player.
Women's basketball player arrested
Jakob Milani, Co-Editor-In-Chief/Sports Editor • May 3, 2024

Murray State women’s basketball player Zoe Stewart was arrested early Thursday morning on assault charges. Police were called about potential...

Vogel goes to hug Hawthrone after hitting a homerun.
Baseball sweeps mid-week series
Jonah Morgan, Staff Writer • May 3, 2024

The Murray State baseball team played a two-game series in the middle of the week against the Skyhawks of UT Martin and they were able to take...

Women's basketball player arrested

Baseball sweeps mid-week series

Murray State department clubs to join

TV Club meets on Tuesdays from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. in Price Doyle Fine Arts room 812. 

With the semester in full swing, the clubs on campus have been kicking their activities into gear. From English to nursing, here are some clubs you should consider joining. 

Huston School of Agriculture

Horticulture Club

The Horticulture Club is oriented around the world of plants and plant management.

Anyone interested in plants (and how to keep them alive) is invited to join. Club meetings are held at the Arboretum on Tuesdays at 5 p.m. This organization offers ample learning opportunities and the occasional free plant! 

Veterinary Technology/Pre-Vet Club

Students on a veterinary-oriented academic track should check out the veterinary technology/pre-vet club. Working to promote professionalism and prepare students for their future careers, this club offers opportunities for community service and fundraising for local animal organizations. 

Arthur J. Bauernfeind College of Business

TV Club

Television production, acting, script writing, filming and more can be expected for students who participate in the TV club. The club offers students the opportunity to learn about what goes on behind the scenes and become a part of the film world. The TV club meets on Tuesdays from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. in Price Doyle Fine Arts room 812. 

Management, Marketing, Business Administration and Logistics and Supply Chain Club (MMBA+LSC Club)

This combination club offers students interested in business the opportunity to develop and improve their marketing, management and leadership skills. MMBA-LSC club is open to all students interested in enhancing their professionalism and talents. 

Jesse D. Jones College of Science, Engineering and Technology

Association of Women in Mathematics 

The Association of Women in Mathematics is a club made to create a community for women to thrive while they pursue their mathematical careers and promote opportunities for women across all the mathematical sciences. This organization is the perfect fit for women majoring in mathematical fields. 

E-Sports

Anyone interested in competitive multiplayer tournaments should consider joining the e-sports club. The club has competitive teams for games like Rainbow Siege Six, Rocket League and Valorant. Anyone interested in joining the e-sports club can do so by joining their discord. 

College of Humanities and Fine Arts

English Student Organization (ESO)

The English student organization is a club focusing on the literary side of life, hosting events that focus on poetry, prose and literature. Not an English major? No problem; ESO is open to all students interested in the written word. ESO meets every Thursday at 7 p.m. in Faculty Hall room 105. 

Model United Nations Club

Interested in learning more about global issues and debate? The Model United Nations Club promotes students’ understanding of the United Nations, international relations and global issues while developing skills in debate, compromise and conflict resolution. The club plans to meet at 3:30 P.m. in Faculty Hall room 509. 

School of Nursing and Health Professions

Pre-Health Professionals Club

On the track to becoming a doctor, pharmacist, dentist or other medical professional? Then the Pre-Health Professionals Club might be the perfect campus organization for you. This club brings together healthcare professionals to provide key information about health careers and educate students about opportunities and future careers. 

College of Education and Human Services

Kentucky Education Association Aspiring Educators (KEA-AE) 

The Kentucky Education Association of Aspiring Educators is an organization focused on uniting, organizing, and empowering its members. It works to support and connect students interested in the education field and create a world with better and safer teaching environments. KEA-AE’s first meeting will be held on Sept. 7 at 5 p.m. in Alexander Hall room 2216.