Campus, community hosts Valentine’s Day events

(Dionte Berry/The News)

Drayton Charlton-Perrin, Contributing Writer

Valentine’s Day is here, and Murray State, and the broader community is offering ways to celebrate the holiday and loved ones. 

The Valentine’s Day package is available in store or on the University Bookstore website at bookstore.murraystate.edu. The package can include gifts such as candy, Murray State apparel, a plush Dunker, water bottles and gift cards.

When purchasing online, shoppers can select all the items they wish to add to the package. There is an option to leave a note for the recipient as well as an email to notify them when to pick up the package from the Bookstore. 

All packages will be gift wrapped and readied for presentation by the Bookstore staff.

The Department of Art and Design is also offering its own Valentine’s Day sale. From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the entry hall of the Old Fine Arts building, jewelry made by metalsmith students will be on sale, Photo Club will host a Valentine’s Day photo booth and the Graphic Design and Print Club will have cards and wall art for sale. 

The event is open to the public.. 

Racer Dining is hosting the first ever “Love Bites,” a Valentine’s Day dinner at Steak ‘n Shake tonight from 6-8 p.m. 

For $15 per person, diners can receive a meal, souvenir glass and a take home gift. The meal includes an entree, side, drink and specialty shake. 

To reserve a spot, fill out the reservation form on the Racer Dining Instagram account, @racerdining. The reservation times include 6 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Walk-in seating is limited.

For parties greater than five, call 270-809-4600 to reserve a spot. 

Off campus, Cracker Barrel is giving away free food for a year to five couples around the country who propose in store on Valentine’s Day.

To submit a proposal, take a video of the proposal at any Cracker Barrel location and post it to Instagram. The Instagram post must include a caption stating why Cracker Barrel was chosen as the location, along with the hashtags #ISaidYesAtCrackerBarrel and #Contest. Submissions must tag @crackerbarrel in the post in order for it to be accepted.

Posts must be submitted by Feb. 16 in order to win. 

Qdoba is also offering a Valentine’s Day deal.

From 10:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Qdoba rewards members that purchase an entree will receive an extra entree for free. New and existing rewards members will be accepted. Customers can become rewards members at qdoba.com by filling out the sign up form.

This event is part of the “Random Acts of Kindness Week” at the location on 618 N 12th St.