Women’s golf finishes regular season in victory

The Murray State women’s golf team poses after winning the Jan Weaver Invitational. (Photo courtesy of Dave Winder/Racer Athletics)

Andrea Jameson 

Contributing Writer 

The Murray State women’s golf team won their last regular season tournament at the Jan Weaver Invitational on Saturday, April 10. With an overall round score of 299 from the Racers, the home title is their first since 2017.

Strong contributions to the winning team included All-Tournament players sophomore Payton Carter and junior Sarah Forsythe sharing fourth for the Racers’ win. Carter swung a line of 73-71-79223 while Forsythe made rounds of 78-73-72223. 

Sophomore Ana Garcia Picchi placed 18th carding scores 78-77-74229, and senior Raeysha Surendran posted rounds of 76-73-85234 and placed 35th in the tournament. Freshman Briana McMinn placed 38th with a 235 stroke total on rounds of 80-8174. 

As for the Racers individual players in the event, graduate Lucila Puente Rodriguez placed 59th in the tournament carding scores of 79-83-80242, and senior Charli Doss shot rounds of 77-8584 and placed 68th. 

The next tournament will be the Ohio Valley Conference for the Racers with a time and date is to be announced.