Surendran continues to shine in North Florida Collegiate

Senior Raeysha Surendran led the Racers with an overall stroke total of 228 at the North Florida Collegiate. (Photo courtesy of Racer Athletics)

Andrea Jameson

Contributing Writer 

The Murray State women’s golf team traveled to Jacksonville, Florida to compete in the North Florida Collegiate Golf Tournament. The competition held 91 competitors in a two-day event with 17 teams making Murray State in 13th place overall. 

Featured players this week included senior Raeysha Surendran, who carded scores of 74-76-78—228, placing her in 27th place. Sophomore Ana Garcia Picchi  scores of 79-72-80—231, placing 39th while sophomore Payton Carter placed 62nd rounded scores of 82-78-77—237. Freshman Briana McMinn scored 81 through all three rounds, totaling 237 and placing 77th while graduate student Lucila Puente Rodriguez de Austria placed 91st scoring 86-78-92—256. 

The Murray State women’s golf team will travel to Gulf Shores, Alabama to compete March 19-21, for the Bama Beach Bash event at the Gulf Shores golf club. Keep up with the Racers as they continue carding towards a victory.