Cabaret the musical is to be performed from April 25-28.
'Cabaret' musical offers glimpse into 1920s Berlin
MacKenzie Rogers, Lifestyle Editor • April 26, 2024

The department of global languages and theatre arts and the department of music teamed up together to present the musical “Cabaret” from...

VIDEO: Lovett Live returns after pandemic absence
Rebeca Mertins Chiodini, Photography Editor • April 26, 2024

In the pre-COVID era, music business students at Murray State University produced and hosted Lovett Live, a night of music in the historic auditorium...

Preview: Soccer looks for revenge against Oklahoma

Rebeca Mertins Chiodini
Graduate midfielder Grace Bodker puts up a shot from midfield.

The Racers have a chance to get closer to a .500 record when they travel to face the University of Oklahoma Sooners.

The Last Meeting Between MSU and OU

The two teams met last year in Murray, where the Sooners put 14 shots on goal. Graduate student goalkeeper Jenna Villacres played the entire game and saved 12 shots for the Racers. Two Sooner shot attempts managed to hit the net and Oklahoma won the matchup 2-0.

So Far This Season

Murray State has been outscored 5-9 in six games this season. However, when their shots are on goal they have a high success rate. The Racers have made 24-48 shots on goal for an even 50% shot on goal percentage. 

The Sooners, ( 3-3) have outscored their opponents 18-11 in six games and average taking nearly 20 shots a game. Oklahoma has a shot on goal percentage of 53%, making 63-118 of their shots. Their opponents have a 56% shot on goal percentage, which could favor Murray State in this week’s matchup. 

Players to Watch

Sophomore midfielder Mary Hardy leads the Racers in points so far this season with five. Hardy has two goals and an assist. Grace Bodker, graduate student midfielder, ranks second on the team in points with three scored. Villacres’ 12 saves weren’t enough last time around, but if the Racers can keep the ball on the Sooners’ side of the field, they may find more success.

Senior forward Emma Hawkins leads the Sooners and is having a fantastic start to her season. She led her team last year with 13 points in 18 games played. This year, Hawkins has 12 points in six games. Her five goals and two assists this season make her a player to watch

Where to Watch

The Racers take on the Sooners at 8 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 7, in Norman, Oklahoma. The game can be watched live on ESPN+.