Mein Bowl experiences delays, no anticipated open date

Mein+Bowl+was+set+to+open+in+October%2C+but+with+supply+chain+and+construction+delays%2C+theres+no+open+date+in+sight.+
Emma Fisher
Mein Bowl was set to open in October, but with supply chain and construction delays, there’s no open date in sight.

Mein Bowl’s grand opening has been delayed with no estimated date of completion in sight despite plans to open in October.

Murray State’s Racer Dining announced earlier this year that Steak ‘n Shake would be closing, with Mein Bowl taking its place.

Mein Bowl is an Asian restaurant serving rice bowls with different entree options, including stir fry and orange chicken.

Mein Bowl was originally planned to open at the beginning of the fall semester but was later pushed back to opening by the end of October.

Meagan Hart, marketing manager of Sodexo, said Mein Bowl has remained unopened due to construction delays, kitchen equipment being delivered, and supply chain issues. 

Hart said the future of Mein Bowl is uncertain. 

“There is no expected time frame for Mein Bowl, but we are making sure it can open as soon as possible,” Hart said.

Many students feel that they were lied to by the university. 

Cameron Davis, a sophomore education major, said he was disappointed with Mein Bowl’s failure to open.

“Mein Bowl was what I looked forward to most about my meal plan. I was upset when it didn’t open, and I checked back each Monday to see if it opened,” Davis said.

Brandt Knasel, a junior political science major, said he was excited about the opening but felt betrayed and deserving of compensation when Mein Bowl failed to open on time.

“I felt very annoyed by it not opening,” Knasel said. “I chose an all-flex meal plan assuming there would be more than the same four restaurants that we already had. [It’s stupid] that they push the dates but don’t compensate the people who chose their dining passes around the promise of having more options.” 

Hart said there are currently no plans for compensation, but she is willing to discuss it at the next board meeting.  

The next Board of Regents meeting will be on Friday, Dec. 8.