Music ensembles highlight Fall Fanfare

Music+majors+will+perform+at+the+Fall+Fanfare+concert+on+Saturday%2C+Sept.+30.+The+concert+will+include+multiple+ensembles.+
David Eaton
Music majors will perform at the Fall Fanfare concert on Saturday, Sept. 30. The concert will include multiple ensembles.

Murray State is hosting the Fall Fanfare Concert at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 30 in Lovett Auditorium. 

The concert will feature multiple Murray State music ensembles, including the wind ensemble, commercial music ensemble, the concert choir and others. Around 100 people will perform at the concert. 

Mike D’Ambrosio, chair of the music department, said the idea for the music is for it to hop from one band to another band to another, leading to an interesting and entertaining performance.

“It is breathtaking to see…all the things our department does and that there are so many talented musicians up on stage doing different things. It’s a very powerful experience,”  D’Ambrosio said. 

Performers in the concert are excited for whats to come as well. Tyler Bussen, member of Racer Band, said that he is most excited for when the racer band will run out and play the Murray State fight song.

Tickets are $10 per person to help raise money for future scholarships within the Murray State Music Department. So far, the music department has sold 217 tickets and expects up to 400-500 attendees. D’Ambrosio said this is a great opportunity for parents and families to come and watch their kids perform great music and help support future scholarships for music majors.

Tickets can be purchased online at murraystate.edu/familyweekend.