Chamber CEO announced

Story by Miranda Carpenter, Contributing Writer

Photo contributed by Michelle Bundren

With the search over, Michelle Bundren is now the upcoming president and CEO for Murray-Calloway Chamber of Commerce. She has been with the chamber for the past three and a half years.

Bundren was selected to replace existing president and CEO, Aaron Dail, who held the position for the past four years. He recently took a new position for the Calloway County Banking Center of Community Financial Services Bank.

In the 91 years the Chamber has been open, Bundren is the first female to take on this position. She graduated from Murray State in 2004, where she earned a degree in public relations and marketing.

She said being president and CEO at the Chamber is an honor, and she doesn’t take this responsibility lighty.

“I plan to have some strategic planning with our board and community leadership to identify opportunities of growth for our community and build around those opportunities, while maintaining the excellence of service and benefits members have to come to expect,” Bundren said.

Bundren said collaborating and advocacy is the key, and she plans to brainstorm different initiatives to better engage employees and students.

“We want to strive to make this community the best and friendliest place to do business and build a life,” Bundren said.