Students learn more about HB9 and SB6.
Rally addresses DEI concerns, Jackson's statement
Gray Hawkins and Madison Miller February 29, 2024

Murray State’s Alliance organization, the College Democrats and other students gathered today to rally against the progressing state legislation...

Boxes are located in Waterfield Library, the Curris Center, residential colleges and the Alumni Center.
Murray State RCA leads book drive across campus
Ania Boutin, Chief Videographer • February 29, 2024

The Read the Dream Book Drive aims to bring books featuring diverse authors and characters to students in Clarksville and Mayfield. Murray...

Students learn more about HB9 and SB6.

Olive tradition returns

View of a previous years Luminary display. Photo courtesy of Lauren Edminster.

A longstanding Murray holiday tradition will return this weekend after a four-year absence. 

Olive Boulevard borders campus by the gates. The tree-lined street features brilliant leaves every fall that gives way to the holiday luminary celebration. This year’s celebration will be Saturday and Sunday nights. 

Weather and the pandemic halted the luminary celebration. This will be the first luminary event since 2019. 

The Olive Boulevard Luminary display began in 1982 after former resident Howard Titsworth observed another community hosting a similar event, which fueled Titsworth’s desire for Murray to do the same. 

The residents of Olive Boulevard line the streets with small, white, candle-filled sacks that illuminate the nearby trees and houses. 

Joy Waldrop, Olive Boulevard resident, said she hopes that more University students attend given all the holiday festivities taking place over the weekend. 

“You know, these kids are only here for four years,” Waldrop said. “We just want to be part of their memory of being at Murray State.”

Whether by slowly driving or walking, everyone is welcome to come and see the display.